Friday 13 March 2020

Cemetery Chapel.....


This is the chapel at the Plymouth road cemetery in Tavistock, Devon UK.
It is a grade 11  listed building circa 1880 and a gift to the town from the then Duke of Bedford.

It is a very elaborate design for a cemetery chapel. It is built in the French Gothic style with buttresses, octagonal angle turret, psuedo machicolations and a massive porch.
It was designed by Henry Clutton and made of local Dartmoor granite.

I have passed the cemetery on many occasions but I have never taken an image of the chapel.
 Last week I headed down to Plymouth road with my Fujifilm camera with a plan to capture and create an antique looking photograph with a sense of sinister mystery about it.

 Looking at this final image I think that I may have achieved my photographic objective - do you agree?
 What do you think?


2 comments:

DUTA said...

Yes, you definitely have. The photo of the cemetery chapel looks antique and mysterious.
Your new Fuji camera seems to be a very good purchase.

TrevorW�� said...

@Duta
Thanks Duta.... Most of the image enhancement was done in post processing on the computer....a bit like a 'digital darkroom'.

Another Reservoir Structure.

  Add caption Yet another structure to be found around the banks of the Burrator Reservoir near Yelverton in Devon UK... This one appears to...